Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The A1C after the CGM

Tomorrow is my first post CGMing appointment with my endoc. I almost cancelled it, but somehow managed to "select 1 to confirm the appointment" when I got the reminder call yesterday.

So what's the problem?? I'm afraid I haven't done the CGM justice by reducing my A1C.

I have made some positive changes that may actually lower it, like increasing overnight basals, not purposely running so high prior to exercise, bolusing more aggressively when appropriate, and correcting more often. It's also been less than 2 months that I've been hooked up and seeing those nice graphs, so why can't I cut myself a little "learning curve" slack?

But I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach like if the A1C is not better, I might have to give my CGM back. Ridiculous thought (I mean...who would I give it back to?), and intellectually I know it's not true, but it is how it FEELS. But I'm going tomorrow, though I may look odd clutching my CGM site and hissing at anyone who approaches me.

2 comments:

George said...

Cut yourself some slack indeed. I am excited for you. Whatever it is, you can move on from there.

Good for you for going. Good for you for caring. And I will be waiting to read what happened!

GOOD LUCK!!

meanderings said...

You've made changes,that's what's important!