Monday, January 21, 2008

Log Blog Update

I'm proud to say that I have completed my third week of logging after a lengthy vacation from recording any D related numbers. Acutally, it was more like a sabatical since the time span was measured in years, not days. So remind me, how long does it take for a habit to become ingrained? Am I getting close?

It would seem that just by virtue of putting it all down in the spreadsheet, my control has gotten a wee bit better. But as with other aspects of D, even that picture is not clear. The first couple of weeks I was battling the cold virus that kept on giving, and my exercise level was below my norm. The third week was closer to a normal week in that regard, but came with its own hormonal challenges. Nightime went from being my worst time period, to my best time period. I do see some consistency in a spike after breakfast, so will try a little bigger boluses to see if that helps there.

Avg BG -- 171 (wk1), 161 (wk2), 140 (wk3)
% Normal Range -- 25%, 43%, 40%
% High -- 64%, 49%, 40%
% Low -- 11%, 8%, 20%
Average Daily Standard Deviation -- 64, 65, 62

Weight watchers has got it goin' on in terms of group support and accountability. When you're struggling, you can show your food log to your leader, and he/she will give you some pointers re: drinking more water, eating all your points, low point snacks, etc. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have group meetings like that....maybe something called "Glucose Watchers"? Fortunately, we have each other here in cyberspace, and for that I am very grateful.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations, Carol, on three weeks on logging your numbers! Since you've stayed on it so consistently for 3 weeks, I would think it would become an ingrained habit soon. Sounds like you're doing great!

Minnesota Nice said...

Yipee - look at those numbers go down!! Yup, seeing it all on paper (or the screen) somehow validates everything.
Good luck this week!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Way to go!!!

I think that just simply logging DOES help control.

k2 said...

I am so bad at logging! Good for you. You've inspired me, I am actually considering starting a word doc of BS logs. My Endo would be so proud & I'm sure my #'s would be better.
Thanks!
Kelly K

PS - 1st time on your blog and I like it!

Anonymous said...

yoo... strange thread!

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I contemplate the brief should prepare more info then it has.